1) Name – Gary van Schoor
2) Age – 60
3) Occupation – Retired Engineer
4) Wife / partners name – Cheryldene van Schoor
5) What 4×4 do you drive – Landcruiser 76 and Iveco 4×4 RV
6) Modifications – Landcruiser – bullbar, dual spare wheel carrier, roof rack,
snorkel, roller drawer system, dual battery system, winch, VHF radio,
VPS wrap, long range fuel tank.
Iveco- everything a normal RV has.
7) Future modifications – Hopefully nothing more, but you never know.
8) Dream 4×4 – What I have.
9) What 4×4’s have you owned in the past – A multitude of Landrovers- Series 3, Defender 110, Foreward Controll 2B, Toyota Landcruiser FJ 40.
10) What trips have you done – Lesotho,Botswana,Zambia,
11) What was your most memorable trip – A two month trip with Gavin and Sue McKenzie, final destination Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park with plenty of places inbetween. A three month trip to see the migration in Serengeti, again with plenty of places inbetween.
12) What trips would you like to do in the future – Namibia and Madagascar in the forseeable future,thereafter plenty of places still to see.
13) How long have you been involved in 4x4ing – About fifteen years.
14) How long have you been a member of Four Wheel Drive Club of Southern Africa – About six years.
15) I never leave home without….. My Wife
16) Have you ever served on the committee – Yes
17) Would you be willing to serve on the committee – Maybe in a couple of years time,for now new blood is needed on the committee.
18) Who do you nominate for next months Me and my 4×4 – Gavin McKenzie.
Footnotes :- 1) Before nominating someone for Me and my 4x4 please inform them and make sure that they are willing and available. 2) Please supply a high resolution photo of you and your better half standing next to your 4x4. 3) Please also supply a few high resolution pictures of camping or off-road trips and a brief note of where they were taken.